Just beginning getting together your initial ideas for the type of food concept you want? When putting together your vision for your food truck or concession business there are a lot of things to consider. As you build your knowledge, you’ll come to learn that there is even more!
But for now let’s just focus on what we know. Chances are, you’ve thought a little bit about what type of food you’d like to have. So start making some of your ideas concrete and putting them down on paper. The questions listed below can be used to help trigger the type of concession stand you want to own.
Do your best to answer these questions to begin formulating ideas for the type of food concept you would like to conquer:
- What type of cuisine would you like to serve? What is your food truck concept?
- How many menu items do you think you’ll have during a typical day of operation?
- What is your target price point?
- What makes your idea unique?
- Where do you think you’ll be vending?
- Do you think you’ll need outside funding? If so what funding types will you try to pursue?
- Will you be the primary operator? Will you need employees? How many?
- What type of kitchen equipment will you need?
- How will you handle transactions? Will you be cash-only, or do you want to accept credit cards?
- Will you buy a truck or build it yourself? Will it be custom built, or pre-owned? Will you get a trailer, cart, or truck?
Start Thinking Now
Some of these questions may be very difficult to answer at this point in time. That is completely fine, you don’t need to have all the answers right away. But it is important to start thinking about these questions and develop your best answers for them now.
Over time, you’ll realize that some of these answers may change depending on your situation and the information that you learn about. Business is a very dynamic institution, and your key to success will be to understand that early and go with the flow. But that doesn’t mean that you’ll need to give up your ideals or innovation. Just make the situation at hand work for you.
We know getting started with a new food business can be complex. Coming up in the next post, we’ll cover what it takes to register your concession business as an official entity.